St Kitts and Nevis: Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew extended his heartfelt greetings to remark on the first anniversary of the Governance of St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party. He also shared some key achievements made by the Labour Party in the past year.
Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew said, “At the heart of our vision for a “Sustainable Island State,” is the wellbeing of our people. We have made significant investments in healthcare, including preparations for the construction of a modern, climate-smart hospital.”
He emphasised his vision of a Sustainable Island State and empowered a better future for the Caribbeans. He asserted, “As St Kitts and Nevis strive to become a “Sustainable Island State,” we must anchor our governance in integrity, transparency, and accountability.”
Prime Minister Dr Terrance extended his pleasure and thanked the Government of St Kitts and Nevis for their unwavering support and for holding their vision for the Sustainable Development of the Country.
“Your Government thanks you for your unwavering support and asks you to hold steadfastly to this vision for our nation, which will define our place in the Caribbean and the world and guarantee us sustainable prosperity,” he further added.
The Key achievements showcasing St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party’s contributions to transforming and empowering the youth and the nation from August 2022 to September 2023 are given as follows:
- Developed Legislation to address Partner Violence
- Sourced New MRI Machine for JNF General Hospital
- 24/7 Medical Service at the Pogson Medical Center
- Trained 250+ Health Care Workers in Life Support Systems
- Cleared $2 Debt owned to medical supplies
- Added two internists, totalling 4, to JNF General Hospital Staff
- Hired a Neurologist for the first time in JJNF General Government’s Center
- Employed a new Medical Engineer at JNF General Staff