The President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyi, and the First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska, visited Washington DC to meet US President Joseph Biden and other delegations to honour the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack. The Update was shared by the Embassy of Ukraine in the USA recently.
During their visit to the United States, President Volodymyr Zelenskyi and first lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska, received a warm welcome from several US delegates. The First Lady met with the First Lady of America, Jill Biden and visited Georgetown University, where she opened the Ukrainian bookshelf.
The President and First Lady of Ukraine also visited the National Memorial in Washington, DC, to honour the victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack and mark their courage and will to find till the end.
The First couple of Ukraine also addressed American officials, businesses, and the public, expressing their gratitude to the US and people who supported Ukraine from the core of their hearts.
President Zelenskyy also presented state awards to those who support Ukraine and help Ukrainians and honour them for their contributions.
The Meeting of President Volodymyr and Lady Olena was held from various perspectives. The main elements of the visit included meetings with the following:
- US President Joseph Biden and the negotiations in an arrow and expanded format in the White House;
- The leaders of the Democratic and Republican parties in the U.S.Senate and senators;
- Speaker of the US House of Representatives Kevin McCarthy, House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries, with the participation of leaders of parties;
- US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon;
- Speech by the President and the First Lady of Ukraine to the US government and business representatives, media and the Ukrainian community, diplomatic core;
- A ceremony of returning cultural property stolen from the territory of Ukraine;
- The signing of the Memoranda of Cooperation in the defence industry;
- Meeting with influential American entrepreneurs and editors-in-chief