Florida: Willpower Doesn’t Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success. Author Benjamin Hardy argues that willpower is not enough to achieve lasting change. Instead, he proposes that people shape their environment to support their goals.
Hardy begins by explaining why willpower is so unreliable. He notes that willpower is a finite resource, and it can be quickly depleted by stress, fatigue, and temptation.
Additionally, The Outer environment is full of cues that trigger cravings and habits, making it difficult to resist temptation even when one has the willpower.
Instead of relying on willpower, Hardy suggests that people should focus on creating an environment that makes it easy to make the choices people want to make.
This means removing temptations from the environment, such as junk food and social media, and replacing them with things that support our goals, such as healthy snacks and books.
Hardy also emphasizes the importance of creating a “sacred” environment, a space where we can focus on our most important goals and values.
This could be a physical space, such as a meditation room or home office, or a mental space, such as a time each day when we unplug from technology and reflect on our goals.
Hardy provides several practical tips for shaping one’s environment to support one’s goals. He suggests that:
• Identify your temptations and triggers. What are the things that make it difficult for one to resist temptation? Once should know what they are, they can start to remove them from your environment.
• Create a sacred environment. This is a space where people can focus on their most important goals and values without distraction.
• Make your goals visible and accessible. Put reminders of one’s goals in places people will see them often, such as on their fridge or bathroom mirror.
• Set up systems and routines. Procedures and routines can help one to make good choices automatically without having to rely on willpower. For example, People could set up a system for packing their lunch each night to have a healthy meal ready for the next day.
• Build a support system. One should surround themselves with people who support their goals and values. These people can help one to stay motivated and on track.
Willpower Doesn’t Work is a refreshing and practical guide to achieving lasting change.
Hardy’s approach is based on the latest research on human behaviour, and he provides several actionable tips for shaping one’s environment to support their goals.
About the Author, Benjamin Hardy:-
Florida, Orlando: Dr Benjamin Hardy is the famous Organisational Psychologist and award-winning Author of his renowned Collection, Willpower Doesn’t Work. One should shape their outer environment by their self.
In his Books, he mentioned some great Psychology tips and facts one should follow in their Life. Dr Benjamin’s work has been featured on various platforms such as Forbes, Fortune, CNBC, Cheddar, Big Think, and many others. He is also a regular contributor to Psychology Today.