Ukraine Celebrated Independence Day on Thursday, August 24, 2023, at Gimbergen Abbey and welcomed the guests representatives of the authorities of Belgium and Luxembourg, EU institutions, diplomatic corps, Grimbergen local authorities, businesses, clergy and the Ukrainian community.
The delegations honoured the Ukraine for celebrating its 32nd Independence Day. They also had the opportunity to enjoy the experience of Ukrainian Culture.
On this day, guests of the event had the opportunity to:
• Enjoy the most famous dishes of Ukrainian cuisine-borscht with doughnuts, sandwiches with salt, Crimean Tatar pilot, Jobsite, baklava, pancakes, fragrant pastries and different kinds of sweets;
• to see the performances of incredible Ukrainian performers-musicians of Brussels International Music Academy (BRIMA), singers Lenara Osmanova and Marina Krut, band BB;
• Visit the exhibition of paintings by Ukrainian artist Svetlana Lebiga and children’s drawings on the theme “The world I want to live in! “;
• to participate in a master class on Petrykívs сіkogo painting;
• Make a memorable photo in a beautiful photo zone.
Numerous workshops were held for children and a small place particular program.
During the event, there was a fundraiser within the Foundation of the First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenskaya, to renovate the resistance hospital in Izum of Kharkiv region.
The Embassy of Ukraine in Belgium extends its sincere gratitude to the sponsors and partners who helped Dipustanov to make Ukraine’s Independence Day memorable with the most pleasant and warmest memories.
This is – the RHEA group, Deme, Promote Ukraine, Act Events, Lions Club, BECI (Brussels Enterprises Commerce and Industry), Renaissance de la nation, La Planque, Sushi Avenue, Brima, Society of Ukrainians of Belgium, Union of Ukrainians of Belgian, Qirimli, Action Ukraine EU, Objects, De Levens Boom, Cultural Center of Ukraine in Belgium, Liège Native School, Ukrainian school names of Yaroslav the wise in Brussels, bloomery, steun Ukraine.
The Embassy also extended its warmest words of gratitude to the representatives of the Ukrainian community and all volunteers who joined the organization and held the event.
“Your labour is priceless! You guys are incredible! Thank you to all Ukrainians and foreign guests who were with us during the Independence Day of Ukraine.
I appreciate your support!” Embassy quoted.