The United States Embassy in Guyana congratulated the Director of Human Resources, Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation, Rohmena Chung, who will participate in the 2023-2024 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. It also urged people to join them in extending greetings to her.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2023-2024 is a part of the Fulbright exchange for mid-career professionals. It is a non-graduate professional degree course in the United States that allows people to experience American society, culture, and professional fields.
The United States Embassy in Guyana also congratulated the Director of Human Resources, Rohmena Chung and wished her all the best for her future endeavours. Director Chung will study “Human Resource Management” at Michigan State University.
Public Affairs Officer of Guyana Kelly McCray also congratulated Director Chung on her selection and noted that the program provides an excellent opportunity to enhance her professional capability and strengthen the institutional capacity of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation on her return.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished professionals from countries worldwide to the United States at a midpoint in their careers for a year of graduate-level academic coursework and professional development activities.
The Humphrey Program was initiated in 1978 to honour the memory and accomplishments of the late Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey.
Reportedly, the Hubert H Humphrey Fellowship Program includes various areas and fields of study, which includes:
Human and Institutional Capacity:
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms:
- Communications and Journalism
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention (see 4b)
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language