St Kitts and Nevis: Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew shared some critical achievements the Labour Party has made in Education and Scholarships and Sports and Entertainment in the past year, i.e. from August 2022 to July 2023.
To honour and mark the 1st anniversary of St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party, Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew extended his pleasure and highlighted several achievements the Labour Party has made to undertake the Nation’s sustainable development.
The Prime Minister also emphasised their vision of making the Nation a Sustainable Island State and ensuring its people attain all the benefits and facilities the Government has undertaken.
As per Prime Minister Dr Terrance, Education is an essential milestone towards the Nation’s development and towards making a nation into a Sustainable Island State.
He said, “The path to a “Sustainable Island State” must include the active engagement of our youth, especially in the Creative Economy. Education is the cornerstone of national progress, sustainability and upward mobility for our people.”
Further, he shared some key achievements of the previous year, St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party made to provide the youth and children with better Education and Scholarships.
He also shared the Labour Party’s key achievements in the Sports and Entertainment sector.
The Key achievements of the St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party from August 2022 to July 2023 are as follows:-
In Education and Scholarships
1. Allocation of Special Education sites and Spectrum Services Center
2. Merged Estridge & Edgar T Morris Primary Schools
3. Granted economic cost to all UWI students
4. Successful hosting of the 40th Annual Summer Residential Camp
5. Introduced STEAM programme in primary schools
6. Provided Travel Allowance for Early Childhood Resource Teachers
7. Created Teacher Education Award
In Entertainment and Sports
1. Launched “Let’s Do This!” reality show on MOENT TV
2. Successful Sugar Mas 51
3. Successful hosting of the CONCACAF Caribbean Club Shield
4. Officially launched the Department of Creative Economy
5. Successful 25th St. Kitts Music Festival