St Kitts and Nevis: Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew emphasized making St Kitts and Nevis a Sustainable Island State and shared some key achievements of the Labour Party in Environment and Food Security during their governance in the past year, i.e., August 2022 to July 2023.
Prime Minister Dr Terrance Drew extended his heartfelt pleasure and gratitude to mark the 1st anniversary of the St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party and highlight its contributions.
While emphasizing the Sustainable Island State, he added, “A “Sustainable Island State” requires responsible stewardship of our food resources and preservation of the environment. We have taken proactive steps to conserve water resources while simultaneously moving to boost agricultural production and positively impact food and nutrition security.”
Further, he shared some key achievements the Labour Party has made in the past year, i.e. from August 2022 to July 2023, regarding Environment and Food Security to make it a developed nation.
The Labour Party Key Achievements from August 2022 to July 2023 (Environment and Food Security) are as follows:-
- Enhanced water conservation education
- Re-established Water Board
- Introduced 24/7 Water Hotline & Emergency Crew
- Upgraded Old Road Fisheries Complex
- Launched the Agriculture 25 by 2025 Agenda
- Introduced geothermal collaboration
- Placement of plastic recycle bins in 50% of primary schools
- Launched National Community Christmas Clean-up Project
- Presented first Voluntary National Review (VNR) to the UN
- Stabilized electricity generation & supply
- Upgraded Basseterre Fisheries Complex
The Prime Minister, Dr Terrance, earlier, while sharing the Key achievements of the Labour Party in Housing and Social Protection, remarked Sustainable island State as “A sustainable island state means guaranteeing all citizens a secure and comfortable home and community. The Government of StKitts and Nevis appreciates the support in pursuing this vision, ensuring lasting Prosperity For All.”